Search This Blog

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Happy Birthday, Baby Girl!!


One year ago today my world changed forever. Words cannot express the emotions I have had today. I have been so sad because she has grown so fast. I've been so happy that she has been such a blessing and brought so much joy into our lives. I've been anxious for what is to come in her life. But yet I've been relieved that she made it to her first birthday.


One year ago I asked the doctors if Kerrington would be ok, if she would be able to survive being born so small. The only answer they would give me is "We're going to do everything we can." They would say "She's a sick baby" and "She will have good days, and she will have very bad days." Well, if any of those doctors happen to be reading this blog I have 2 words for you: UP YOURS.


Don't get me wrong, they were fantastic doctors. But they did not do anything to help me get through that time mentally. Everytime I would tell them that I thought she was doing great they would follow it up with "But she will have her bad days." They didn't want me to have much faith or hope that she would be ok. Well guess what her middle name is? Hope.


I can't even begin to express the amount of joy she has put into our lives. If I am ever having a bad day, she makes it better. All I have to do is look at her, and she smiles so big. She is the most amazing baby, and I thank God every single day for her. God took care of her and us during that time, and I couldn't be more thankful.


Happy Birthday, sweet girl. We love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment